NEET UG 2023 Exam is one of the most competitive exams for medical aspirants in India. It is conducted for a total of 720 marks, with each subject carrying 180 marks. The subjects included in the exam are Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany and Zoology).
The marking scheme for NEET UG is designed to evaluate the accuracy of a candidate’s answers. For every correct answer, candidates will be awarded 4 marks, which will be added to their total score. However, for every incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted as negative marking. No marks will be deducted for unattempted questions.
NEET UG 2023 Marking Scheme
- For every correct answer, candidates will be awarded 4 marks. The marks for each subject (Physics, Chemistry, Botany, and Zoology) are calculated separately.
- For every incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted as negative marking. The negative marking applies to each subject separately.
- No marks will be deducted for unattempted questions.
Suppose a candidate attempts 50 questions in Physics and gets 35 of them correct and 15 incorrect. In this case, the candidate’s marks in Physics will be calculated as follows:
Number of Correct Answers: 35
Number of Incorrect Answers: 15
Total Marks for Correct Answers: 35 x 4 = 140
Total Marks for Incorrect Answers: 15 x 1 = 15
Total Marks in Physics: 140 – 15 = 125
Similarly, the marks for Chemistry, Botany, and Zoology are also calculated based on the number of correct and incorrect answers.
Strategies to Score Better in NEET UG 2023 Exam
Candidates should be careful while attempting the questions in the NEET UG 2023 exam to avoid negative marking. Here are some strategies to score better in the exam:
1. Focus on accuracy: The marking scheme rewards candidates for correct answers, so accuracy is critical. Candidates should attempt questions only if they are confident about the correct answer.
2. Time management: Candidates should manage their time well and attempt the questions they are confident about first. This will help them avoid missing out on easy questions due to time constraints.
3. Read the questions carefully: Candidates should read the questions carefully before attempting them to avoid errors in marking.
4. Practice previous year question papers: Candidates should practice previous year question papers and mock tests to get a better idea of the exam pattern and to identify their strengths and weaknesses.
Read and Understand the Questions Carefully:
Candidates should also carefully read and understand the questions before attempting them. This can help to avoid errors in marking and ensure that the candidate answers the question correctly. Candidates should take their time to understand the question and avoid rushing through the exam. They should also make sure that they have answered the question as per the given instructions.
NEET UG 2023 Exam
NEET UG 2023 is a crucial exam for medical aspirants, and the marking scheme is designed to evaluate a candidate’s accuracy in answering questions. Candidates should be careful while attempting the questions and should only attempt the questions they are confident about. By following these guidelines, candidates can maximize their score and increase their chances of success in the NEET UG 2023 exam.
Frequently Asked Questions FAQs
Q: What is NEET UG 2023 exam?
A: NEET UG 2023 is a national level entrance exam for medical aspirants in India who wish to pursue MBBS/BDS courses in various colleges across the country.
Q: What is the exam pattern for NEET UG 2023?
A: The exam comprises of 180 multiple choice questions (MCQs) with each question carrying 4 marks. The questions are from Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany and Zoology) subjects. The exam is conducted for a total of 720 marks.
Q: What is the marking scheme for NEET UG 2023?
A: For every correct answer, candidates will be awarded 4 marks, and for every incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted as negative marking. No marks will be deducted for unattempted questions.
Q: What is the eligibility criteria for NEET UG 2023?
A: Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as core subjects. Candidates should have obtained a minimum of 50% marks (40% for SC/ST/OBC category candidates and 45% for PwD candidates) in the qualifying examination.
Q: How can I apply for NEET UG 2023?
A: Candidates can apply for NEET UG 2023 through the official website of National Testing Agency (NTA) when the application form is released.
Q: What is the application fee for NEET UG 2023?
A: The application fee for NEET UG 2023 is expected to be around Rs.1500/- for General/OBC category candidates and Rs.800/- for SC/ST/PwD category candidates.
Q: When will NEET UG 2023 be conducted?
A: The dates for NEET UG 2023 have not been announced yet. Candidates are advised to keep checking the official website of NTA for updates.
Q: What are some tips to prepare for NEET UG 2023?
A: Candidates should focus on accuracy, manage their time well, practice previous year question papers and mock tests, and read and understand the questions carefully before attempting them. They should also revise their concepts and make notes for better understanding.